Sunday, July 11, 2010

Woah Nelly!


Today I'm giving running a 2 thumbs up!
I did it!  Tonight I ran the entire 10K....I cannot even believe it.  My race is not for another month so I have a lot more training to do, but I actually did it!  Wow!

I can't say that I enjoyed it.  Tolerated and endured is more accurate.  But I'm definitely giving a 2 thumbs up to the accomplishment.

2 things that I am thankful for this evening:

1) A lyingly, patient husband ~ without the Drill Sergeant I would have never persevered this long and I would have never believed I could run this far.  He has been running slowly beside me each step of the way and is sooo encouraging.  I will forgive him later for lying to me tonight and telling me we were going on a 4 mile run.  Towards the end of the run he nonchalantly suggests we run to the stop sign and back and then I would have made it 5 miles.  I begrudgingly agreed.  About half way home I see a smirk appear across his face and he admits, "I kinda lied.  You actually just ran 10K."  I would never have agreed had he told me so I guess it was for the best.

2)  I'm so thankful for a FLAT town.  No hills have made this accomplishment a lot easier.  I hope the race is as flat as they say it is.  Otherwise I'm in big trouble.  Right now I think the incline up Bender is a hill.

So there you have it.  If I can do it, anyone of you can too.  Anyone joining me August 14th?

3 comments:

  1. I am just sooooo proud of you! Nicely done. Not nice that Robb fibbed but all for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kelly! Congratulations!! I'm proud of you too!! 2 thumbs up over here too!!!

    ReplyDelete