Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Northwest Market here I come! Are you coming too?

Its that time again.  Where I get to head to Portland and do my ordering for the next up and coming season. Yes...the rain and fog have just started to settle in and I am on to Spring 2011.

Its always weird and very disconnecting.
It is this type of schizophrenic behavior that keeps the retail world so crazy and unpredictable.

Every time I take a different "friend" along with me to join in the madness.  I've taken my sister-in-law, my husband, my sister, just myself and this time I am taking along Jerrie.

I always feel bad for the people that tag along.  Each and every one has thought this would be "FUN".   I warn and I prepare that it is not all fun people.  It is hard work, stress and little sleep.  But no one believes me.  They all think "FUN" until they encounter Kelly on Saturday night:  cranky, stressed out, and ultra quiet, Kelly.  Any time I am quiet you know something is up and let me tell you, after hours of shoe shopping and a cabillion decisions being made, Kelly gets very quiet.  I think this is why I am always taking new people along.  No one wants to experience this again.

So Jerrie...be warned.  It's not all FuN!  And I totally understand if you want to back out now.

Despite all the stress though...I do LOVE the shoe show.  The stress just has to come along with it.  It is great to see what is coming out the following season, what we have to look forward to.  I enjoy all the hustle and bustle of the hotel with over 300 vendors to mingle through.  I love seeing new trends and finding out what is "out" and what is "in".  Okay, I concede there are parts of it that truly are FUN.  Especially if you are not the one making the big decisions.  There is sooo much to look at and take it.  It truly is remarkable what goes into the fashion business.

So what's in all this for YOU?  You get to be my helpers too this time.  Since Jerrie is so ultra techy and can blog from her iPhone we will take you along on our journey and let you see some of the new trends too.

Keep in tune to the blog this weekend and see what you think of all the new Spring 2011 shoes.

(Psst...all blog commenters will be entered into a drawing to win a prize.)

Plus...if you are interested in any new brands, accessories, or other ideas for the store.  Now is your chance to shout it out.  I want to hear what you want Sole Obsession to offer.  Your input is invaluable and a priceless source of information for me.  So send me an email, call me, or leave a post on the blog.  Let me know your thoughts and ideas.  I listen to each and every one of them.

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. You know what I want ... bright, unique, funky and maybe a little bit obnoxious ... for people with little feet! :) Not too specific, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready to not have any fun! That is my plan. No fun. None at all. :)

    I'm good with cranky people. At least you aren't a cranky old man - I'm done with cranky old men for the week.

    And as long as we don't encounter anyone name Betty I think we'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerrie, didn't I tell you Betty was coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids would love to see either Van's or Converse. I already love what you have. I'm always looking for something in between casual and dressy. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see you carry the Romika line. LOVE their shoes!

    ReplyDelete