Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm back at it...maybe

Since Sole Obsession had the big move I've been off and on the exercise bandwagon.
More off than on...okay not really on at all.

With the holiday season approaching and my fatter pants calling my name I decided I really needed to at least start with a little exercise.  Nothing over the top.  No races in this girls future.  But you know...put out a small amount of effort in my attempt at not gaining weight by Jan 1st.  I'm being realistic.  Loosing weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas is probably not going to happen.  (Especially since I'm going to my Mother in laws for Thanksgiving.  The lady knows how to cook.)

So my goal:  how about just not gaining?

I started out with bootcamp last Wednesday.  The ladies jeered and poked fun while pointing out how disciplined they all were for sticking with it but I persevered and made it through without crying.

Saturday I went on an afternoon run in the rain with the "trainer" (I've been asked not to call him the drill sergeant.  Apparently it has negative connotations.  Whatever...I thought it was cute.)  I was so proud.  We went for a 3 mile run and I actually made it.  We weren't running at record breaking speed but at least I made it.  And it wasn't nearly as painful as my first few days of training this summer where 1 mile felt like death had swallowed me.  I am very glad my summer of training did not all go to waste.

And this morning was bootcamp again.  The ladies were a bit nicer.  I think one of them even said hello.

So...I'm putting it out here as evidence and accountability.  I'm on the exercise bandwagon and hope to stick with it ~ at least until Jan 1.



*the bootcamp ladies really aren't mean...come join us if you want Mon, Wed, Fri mornings at 6:15am on the LCS track.

No comments:

Post a Comment