Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm switching sides

I've always heard about how great Macs are but never really wanted to take the time to learn a new system let alone pay for the higher cost of such a device.  However, after the 3rd virus hit my work computer it was time for a change.  Yesterday the store computer went next door to Lynden IT for a full system overhaul and it will become the cash register ONLY.  No surfing the web on that machine.   My sweet husband took it upon himself to find me a great deal on a Macbook which he brought home beaming like the proud knight in shining armor he is.  So here's hoping...if I get a virus on this new machine we will know it is the user and not the computer.  I'm optimistically moving forward and learning all the bells and whistles this new computer has to offer.  It definitely has some fun features.  Here's some shots of me and the kids trying out Photo Booth.

Autumn

Joseph

Riley


The 4 of us

3 comments:

  1. I promise you that you will love your mac. I've worked on pcs at work, but have always had macs at home (thanks to a dad-in-law who use to work at Apple).

    Isn't photobooth the BEST? haha! Great times.

    And once the newness wears off I bet your little one won't decide he is "sick" and need to macbook it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jerrie, I'm trying to love the mac but I am so confused. It is a hard transition. Maybe you should come give me a tutorial. :) Last night I was working in Quckbooks and when I tried to transfer my work to a windows compatible file for my store computer I lost everything. AHHHH! 2.5 hours lost forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's not lost forever...it's probably there somewhere...

    I think we have covered that I don't know Quickbooks, but I do know my Mac! ;)

    ReplyDelete