Friday, May 7, 2010

Sun, oh beautiful sun

Fashion is a funny business.  Even the best of the best don't bat 100% all the time.  You cannot always predict exactly what people will buy, what they will want, and what they will need.

I think the weather has a lot to do with this.  And that is why today I am relieved to see some sun.  There is nothing more frustrating in the shoe biz then a store full of sandals and having to turn on the heat because it's cold and rainy outside.  That makes for a very difficult sale.  The expression "Spring is just around the corner" can really only go so far.  The reality is, Spring has been holding out on me ever since I dogged on the ground hog's prediction only to be fooled by my own optimism.  But not anymore.  Today I see sun and only sun.  I love Mr. Sun.

So for all of you who have come in, browsed, and then said, "I think I'll come back when we have some sun."  Today is your day.  We have sun.  Yes, it may be a bit cool still but I think we're do for a sunny stretch.












(The above styles available at Sole Obsession Footwear.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I see the sandals I ordered (but in green, of course)! I can't to get them AND then to have nice enough weather to actually be able to wear them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay sun! I hope everyone goes and buys lots of sandals. I wore my new Born heels out the other night...it wasn't warm, outside my feet were cold, but they are so darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete