Tuesday, August 24, 2010

EEEEK! I'm way behind

Oh me, oh my!  I can't keep up.
I realized today that the Shoe of the Week did not get posted.
I haven't blogged in a week.
And I haven't been running.

UGH!

It's that time of year where things get crazy at the Ellis home.
Each year (for the last 2 1/2) we have been hosting International Students during the school year.
This year we have the pleasure of hosting two guys from Holland.  Yes...we are embracing the Motherland and welcoming our natives to Lynden.
Bart and Jesse in Seattle.  They are the two on the left.
Bart with the hat and Jesse with the white t-shirt.
The drill sergeant is in the grey shirt looking a bit lost next to all those Football players.  
Our new boys, Bart and Jesse, arrived on Aug 13th.  Just in time to help me move all the heavy items into the new store.  Our way of saying, "Welcome to America!"


  • So we have added 2 more making 7 at the Ellis home!  It is a wee bit crowded.  And there is a lot of cooking to be done.  (Tonight I made meatloaf, Dutch potatoes {by mistake ~ I didn't know they were Dutch style}, Greek salad, and my mother-in-law made berry cobbler for dessert.  MMMMM!)
  • We've had THE MOVE which was, of course, all consuming for a couple of weeks.
  • The Fair, which was busy for me at the store ~ an awesome and busy first week in our new spot.
  • Fall shipments arriving like crazy.  Which means LOTS of extra work for yours truly.  
  • Back to school shopping and preparation with the kids.
  • The Drill Sergeant is back to work this week.  Which means I have to help out at home more.  :( 
  • In-Laws visiting this week and HELPING with kiddos.  Thank goodness.
  • Prep work for the Fall shoe show coming up in September.  Again lots more work for you know who.

And the list just keeps going.

So forgive me for being behind.

I'll be back on track next week.  I hope!

And just because I hate to disappoint...for our Shoe of the Week special come in
during the rest of this week, mention the blog
and get $5 OFF any shoe in the store.
(clearance included)

1 comment:

  1. We'll get ya all caught up in no time. Do you need coffee for that? or a trip to Sonic? ;)

    ReplyDelete