Sunday, April 18, 2010

My new favorite shoes

You may think that because I have a shoe store I get my pick of shoes.
If you think that, I have to tell ya, YOU ARE SO WRONG.  {Ahem} Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt.

What I mean is, with a size 12 foot I still don't get to pick any shoe I want.  Lots of brands don't even make a size 12 in ANY of their shoes.  I know it's shocking, it's an atrocity, it's scandalous.  But it's true.  And it's the sad straw that I have drawn.  Oh the deprivation, the tears, the nightmares...

All this to say that sometimes I am forced to choose fashion over comfort.  I know it's wrong.  I really do.  But sometimes I just can't help it.  A girl has to be a girl even with size 12 feet.  So recently I went on a shoe trying on spree at the store.  I tried on all the size 11's of my favorite cute styles to try and find one that might fit.  And I use the term fit very loosely.  I needed something to wear that was a little dressy, cute, girly, and didn't look like I was squeezing into something I shouldn't.  (Goodness knows I get enough of that in my jeans but you can't suck in your heels like you can your stomach.)  The hunt was on and I was not giving up easily.  I went through boxes of shoes.  I was by far my own worst customer.  And then I found the pair.  The one's that I thought would work.  I painstakingly checked my heels out in the mirror a million times trying to make sure know one could tell I was in a shoe one size too small.  I got numerous opinions from unsuspecting customers.

So without further adieu...here is my new favorite shoes.  I think they would be extremely comfortable if they were the right size and the arch actually was in the right spot.  But all that aside, I love them.  The fit my criteria and they make me feel girly.  It's a win-win.

(Okay minus the size too small they are a win-win).

The Touring by Jambu.  Cute and sassy meet comfort in one fell swoop!



You can buy your very own pair all week long on the "Shoe of the Week" tab above.  Trust me you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Do you carry the Cruise boot by Jambu? I've been trying to buy it online for two months now. And can't find it anywhere! I'd even drive down from Canada if you have it!!!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete