Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Saturday

This weekend I joined a few of my shoe divas on a trip to Seattle.  We were on our way to meet The Pioneer Women at her cookbook signing.

I've never been to a book signing so I had no idea what to expect.
I apparently did not realize that when the ladies say we are leaving at noon, 5 minutes past is completely unacceptable.  They were ladies on a mission.  They were even more unimpressed when I made them stop at the local bookstore, Homespun General Store, so that I could purchase my own copy of the cookbook.  {We were heading to a book store in Seattle.}  But I'm a shop local kinda gal and if it was available in Lynden, I was going to buy it in Lynden.  The ladies did stop for me and I excitedly purchased my new favorite cookbook.  Chock full of the most delicious recipes that will ensure I never fit into my wedding dress again.


(Look at my huge grin...I told you, I love shopping local)

After the little delay we were on our way to the big city. I was full of anticipation and excitement. I don't often leave my small town or my store.
On our travels we discovered that everyone was wearing Sole Obsession shoes. A great plug for the store. These ladies know comfort and fashion and they all picked great shoes for our trip.  Tami was wearing her new Jambu Planet's, I chose my new favorite shoes, Leslie was wearing Privo's and Holly was sporting Dansko's.

What I love about this whole experience is that I may not have known these ladies if it weren't for Sole Obsession Footwear.  I love my job and I love that I get to meet great people because of it.

If you haven't stopped by the store before, come on in.  We may just become friends.  (Sorry I didn't mean to scare you away.  The friend thing is optional.)


Our trip was full of great memories.  To read more about it you can click over to my new personal blog for the full rendition.

No comments:

Post a Comment