Sunday, June 6, 2010

Running~but not for fun

I am not a runner.  I detest the feeling of running.  I don't like sweating or breathing hard, and I find it boring.
I even have an unhealthy amount of resentment toward people that run.  Especially when they tell me they like it.  How can you enjoy running?
The one thing I do like about running - the way runners look.  Yes, call me vain, but runners are HOT, look great, and make me jealous.  I want to look that way without the running.   Ummm, {enter reality check}, it ain't gonna happen.  I realized the other day that reality bites.
If you want to look good you have to work for it.  UGH!

So here is the ugly truth.  I have gained close to 20 lbs since opening Sole Obsession Footwear.  Working in 1000 sqft each day hasn't fared well for my waist size.  I finally admitted this hard truth to myself.  (I know some of you are thinking..."you just realized this now".  Come on, give a girl a break.  I was trying to be positive, and naive, and anything else I could think of to avoid reality.)
Me and the "Drill Sergeant' at the beginning of Sole Obsession 

Me (and my girls) now...with rounder cheeks.  More to love, that's what I see. :)
So here is my solution...
I have enlisted the "Drill Sergeant" aka my husband who is a personal trainer and fitness fanatic (I know it is completely ironic that the two of us ended up together).  I gave him the go ahead to work my fanny off this summer and help me get back in shape.

The Goal...
We are signed up to run a 10K in August.  Its do or die Ladies.  I'm committed.  Or maybe I should be committed.  I'll keep you updated on my progress and if you'd like to join me in my quest to becoming a runner, please do.  When I finally look like a HOT runner and run past you on Bender some day, please be jealous.  :)  (I'm trying the postive, naive, wishful thinking thing again.  Old habits die hard.)
Me after August 15th


6 comments:

  1. I hear ya. I buy Runners World so I'll look like a runner too. It hasn't been working and I don't really understand why.

    It's time, I decided, to actually start the whole running thing again. Blah! Maybe I'll see ya out there...Much luck Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be SOOOOOOO jealous!!!

    But probably not jealous enough to run...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I hate running too (and fortunately my knee surgen has given me an excuse to never run again!) but I need to move my butt just like you! I have been using the eliptical machine at the pool 3 nights a week and am starting to do some morning walks with a friend to boost the whole weight loss thing. Like you, I have gained (more than 20 lbs) over the past while and unfortunately I can no longer blame it on my babies because they are now too old for that!!! But, I have lost 28 lb since Feb and I want to lose 25 more... so, I will run with you in spirit and do what I can so that I won't be tooo jealous of you when you are done! Good luck Kelly.
    PS I miss you. It was good to see you last week!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be jealous of the outcome but NOT of how you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me motivated. In the past 2 weeks, I've gone for 2 jogs. I figure that's 2 more jogs then the none that I was batting before! lol.

    (when I was into running before ... I ran past 2 guys that were discussing me ... and they were trying to figure out if I was a guy or a girl. Hmpf. Apparently I do not look HOT when I run. LOL.

    See you soon you hot babe.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kelly! I miss you so much!! I love your down to earth candor! I so wish we could go to coffee and maybe a run? Nah, I just do coffee. But, I am proud of you!! Love you!--Em

    ReplyDelete