Saturday, June 26, 2010

Working out is hard to do...

I'm on week 3 of my new summer challenge. I am working out ALMOST daily between bootcamp and running and I am feeling the burn. What's that saying? "No pain! No gain!" I'm feeling the pain, I promise.

My biggest dilemma in my quest to run the 10K in August is my knees. They are not happy with my new plan and they are letting me know. My knees really hurt when I run and then I do some weird overcompensation deal to relieve the pressure and my ankles start to hurt and then my toes go numb. HMMMMM...none of this is helping to encourage me to meet my goal.

Here's to staying the course. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh...good luck, dear!!

    If it isn't enough challenge to get out and doe something that your brain doesn't like, it's worse when other parts of your body start rebelling too.

    Hope the pain, physical & mental, lessens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed. You are going to be my inspiration...I get the knee thing - right one hates me (walking up stairs, etc - maybe I should see someone about that, huh...) and I overcompensate and my hip hurts. Maybe when you figure it all out you can help me! :)

    Keep going and I hope that I can see you one day and holla! back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your doing great. It takes a whole lot LESS then knee pain to get me to give up.
    keep it up, your a rock star!

    ReplyDelete